This, that, these, those

This, that, these, those as pronouns

  • We use “this” (singular) and “these” (plural) to talk about something near us.
  • This is my favorite T-shirt.
  • These are my favorite T-shirts.
  • This is a cat.
  • These are my cats.

  • We use “that” (singular) and “those” (plural) to talk about something far from us.
  • That is my phone.
  • Those are my phones.
  • That is my brother.
  • Those are my brothers.


This, that, these, those as determiners

A determiner is a word (such as thesomemy, this, that, these, those, etc.) that comes before a noun.

  • We use “this” and “that” with singular and uncountable nouns.
  • Please give this pencil to John.
  • This music makes me happy.
  • I’ll buy that book.
  • That beef is so raw.

  • https://berikhtiar.com/amanah.solihin.bea/product/aghnia-buku-hijrah-quran-14-x-28-hitam-putih
    • We use “these” and “those” with plural nouns.
    • These performances are amazing.
    • Have a look at these sentences.
    • I love those beautiful memories.​​​​​​
    • Don’t touch those plantsThey’re dangerous.​​​​​​​​
    • https://basicenglishspeaking.com/this-that-these-those/
    • Choose this, that, these or those from the drop down menu.

      1. 1. Look at  newspaper here.
      2. 2.  are my grandparents, and  people over there are my friend's grandparents.
      3. 3.  building over there is the Chrysler Building.
      4. 4.  is my mobile phone and  is your mobile phone on the shelf over there.
      5. 5.  photos here are much better than  photos on the book.
      6. 6.  was a great evening.
      7. 7. Are  your pencils here?
      8. 8.  bottle over there is empty.
      9. 9. bricks over there are for your chimney.
      10. 10. John, take  folder and put it on the desk over there.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts